I have to admit I haven’t gotten much done this week.
but don’t tell anyone, shh
I’m at my parents’ house because I have to look after the kids for a week. It’s been three days and holy crap, I just want to lay down and take a nap for…. forever, pretty much.
I’ll also include some things I did last week because I don’t have much reading time while I’m here. That’s definitely not cheating. I make the rules here.
- Claude in the City by Alex T. Smith (5 / 5) (see review) – this was SO, SO ADORABLE. I definitely gotta read more children’s books, haha. I hope my local library will have the next books in this series, too!
- The Cat Who Went To Heaven by Elizabeth Coatsworth (4 / 5) (see review) – a really nice short read! I quite enjoyed the fables.
- Zen and Gone by Emily France – I have an ARC of this book! So far it’s quite good. Kites, a lot of kites. Now I want a kite.
- The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook by Ben Mezrich – I have previously mentioned that I didn’t like this book, but I last read it a while ago. Maybe some of my opinions have changed since then! Maybe. We’ll see.
- The Minimalist Home: A Room-By-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused Life by Joshua Becker – Another ARC. This one’s…. definitely not as good. One fifth of the way in and nothing yet about how to actually declutter. Hoping it’ll redeem itself later on.
Sounds and stuff
As everyone, I am a fan of Harry Potter. So, when I discovered this YouTube channel called ASMR Rooms which has soundtracks for various fictional places INCLUDING THE HOGWARTS COMMON ROOMS AND LIBRARY, I just kinda died. In a good way. But I am dead. Anyway, they’re pretty much the perfect background noise for reading and YOU’VE JUST GOTTA CHECK THEM OUT
Shoutout to my partner in this challenge, Tammy @ Mug of Moxie! I will be commenting on their blog 5+ times this month. Very pleased to make a new acquaintance in the blogging world! c:
That’s it for this week! What have you read this week? And what do you usually listen to in the background while reading – or do you prefer to read in silence?
Follow me on Goodreads, Instagram or Bloglovin’!